Vanessa and I were talking about how some mangoes we got are stinging our tongue a bit. Why? Who knows? (I don’t plan to stop eating the tasty things, whatever the case.) Anyway, this reminded me of the tales of the poisonous fugu (a type of pufferfish) that slightly stings the tongue when you eat it. Fugu is a Japanese delicacy that must be expertly prepared by a specially licensed chef or else it may poison you. The poison works by leaving you paralyzed, but conscious. In 1975, a famous kabuki actor died after eating 4 servings of the liver, which is the most poisonous part…even after being warned about it by the chef. Occasionally, deaths still happen from it when people catch one and attempt to prepare it themselves without knowing what they’re doing.