Don't you know you're gonna shock the 1 key?

Being in such a dry climate, static electricity seems to be a big danger to electronics. It’s especially dry this time of year. My hands dry out badly during the winter. I’ve seen USB devices destroyed by static shocks. Thick-soled shoes seem to make things worse. A few rolls on a trampoline here, and you can shoot inch-long sparks from your fingertip. As kids, we used to shock a digital watch to cause weird whining beeping noises.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *