I’ve been searching for a word in a set of SQL files in Windows. I enter the word I’m searching for and nothing turns up. I even changed the word to an obvious one like “select” and nothing shows up. I just installed cygwin so I could grep through the files, but I also got annoyed enough to research the cause of the problem. Basically, Windows seems to be afraid of accidentally searching through a huge binary file or something, so they limit the extensions of files that they’ll search through. The most straight forward way to fix it is resolution method 2 on this page. This tells Windows to search through all files, regardless of extension.